Right Now

I Smell: A random mixture of homemade soup and remodeling.
I See: A random man working on our upstairs bathroom, trees outside our large window, the apartment
I Hear: The awesome music random handyman listens to.
I Taste: The awesome homemade vegetable soup I just made.
I Feel: ... A lot of things. (Yeah, we're getting all deep now).

I just moved 14 hours away from my parents, little sister and all of my friends. Now, in doing so, I moved closer to both of my brothers & my sister in law, extended family, all the rest of my friends. I have been excited for this move, well, since I decided it was happening a month ago.
And now, here I am. It is kind of cool being new somewhere. And while I keep telling myself that "this is a chance I get to be whoever I want!" but, I still decide everyday to be me. Which is good because that's the only person I know how to be. Still, it's a fresh start, and fresh starts are beautiful.

no, that's not your imagination, I have awkwardly (great) long, skinny feet

Anyways, because of this move, I have been both terrified and excited. Terrified about having to make new friends (weird, right?) and excited to have started this portion of my life. Luckily, things have been going really, really well, and I am so grateful for that.

Well, now that I have mentioned soup twice & shown y'all a picture of it, here is the approximate recipe I came up with:

                                   Ingredients: Vegetable broth, Thai rice noodles, veggies.
                                   (I chose 1/2 squash, 1/2 zucchini, a handful of carrots, broccoli)
                                   boil noodles in vegetable broth

                                   cut up all of your veggies while noodles cook most of the way
                                   add veggies to broth & noodles
                                   add more broth if you didn't guess right the first time
                                   add seasoning to your hearts content
                                   (I opted for the simple: salt)

                                   once done, add cut up avocado 
                                   eat it. all. in one sitting.

Now, I realize it probably sounds kind of weird, but I embrace that. Also, you could replace noodles with rice (I prefer a wild rice & quiona mix)!

Annnnnnd that's all for today.
Life is good. So is food.
So is the beach (TOMORROW WOO)

okaybye

x

ps I left on my year and a half mission two years ago today! Weird!!


Comments

Popular Posts