Thoughts from a Park Bench

(an exert from my journal this afternoon)

Presently, I am sitting on a park bench in Adam's Park on a gloriously beautiful day. The only sounds around me are children playing in the distance with their joyful squeals, cars passing by every so often, and a lovely little breeze that plays with my hair. Here I am and I feel all brand new and happy- the kind you feel only after letting go of things you should have long ago and moving on to better things. So again, here I am feeling new and lovely. I have a book next to me and a whole afternoon ahead of me.
I wouldn't trade this for the world because right now I am young and quite possibly foolishly confident in my life and my abilities... But what would the point of being young be and without being foolish about something?
May I repeat how lovely I feel? It's not because I am speckled with sun beams through the trees or that this breeze is whispering past me quite nicely (although those don't hurt).  It's because for once I finally feel that my life is coming together. I have goals and ways to achieve them. I'm in a new city that begs me to explore it. Most importantly though, I feel like I am finding myself, and it is oh so lovely.
In addition to this, I am in love. With my life, the cards I've been dealt (even the ones I may have not liked at first), the people in my life. I'm in love with it all, and I feel lucky.

x

Comments

Popular Posts