3 Weeks

Well hey y'all!

It's kind of hard to believe but I've been home for three whole weeks. 
Sometimes I dream I'm still in Alabama, wake up and have to re-orient myself... It's so strange. 
Strange how our minds hold on to things and places and experiences and how we try to relive them... consciously and unconsciously. 
Our minds are literally memory banks. And a smell, sound, feeling, can whip us back to a particular moment in an instant. 



I am so glad I decided to serve a mission. I am so grateful for our dear prophet who felt inspired to call me there. And I am so happy for all the things I went through: the people I met, the things I felt... All of it; good and bad.

And now here I am, with all of this stored in the shelves of my memory. Books I get to read and re-read again and again and again- not to live in the past, but to remember those things that changed me, that can continue to change me.

Here's to the future. 

//kirsten 

Comments

Popular Posts