Quiet

life update: I have laryngitis and, as always, was prescribed no talking for the next few days. I've already failed and my throat started hurting again, but I am kind of looking forward to the silence. I am a quieter person, unless I'm around people I'm super comfortable with (sometimes the other way around). I am one of those people who doesn't mind silence in the car, or pausing to think (or not think). I also love observation; seeing how other people live their lives, getting little glimpses into whatever moment they're experiencing. It helps me better understand the world. I am going to take this opportunity to not just be silent, but to look at those around me and understand them.
Also, I am on a social media fast for this week, and into next week. I have two papers to write and a lot of other things I have to get done and I do not want to distract myself from the things that are important right now (school). Because of this, this will most likely be the last post on here for the next week or two (unless I get entirely too passionate about something and decide to share it with the world).
Lastly, I am going camping in Oregon this weekend and I am looking forward to this with every fiber of my being! I am so excited to go to the beach, get away from real life, and enjoy the presence of two girls I recently became friends with.

Okay... one more thing. I chopped off 6 inches of hair last Thursday. I started growing my hair out from a pixie cut two years ago and my hair was about boob length (can't think of anyway to describe it besides that), but my hair wasn't healthy. So I decided to get rid of my layers and came out with collar bone length, healthy hair. I've never been afraid of cutting my hair, so this wasn't a big deal. But, point of this, I love it and I love the change.

x

Comments

Popular Posts