Scattered

My mind has been every-which-way as of late, so here is a mish-mash of life lately.

I started back at school! Woo! I am going to a little community college that I went to before the year and a half mission in Alabama. I'm taking 15 credits, so bye life!

Friday I had my wisdom teeth removed. Now, first off you should know I only had two upper teeth and for this I feel immensely blessed. (in all actuality, I prayed so hard as a child that I would ONLY have my two upper wisdom teeth. It never crossed my mind to pray for none... but hey! Prayer, it works!)  I didn't have any problems with the extraction-even though I was basically terrified.
OK. Real talk though. I get really bad anxiety when I have anything done to my teeth (fillings, etc.) from one bad experience at the dentist. So, they gave me pre-surgery anxiety meds to take, and at least for the night before, they didn't help much. I spent the time before sleep took over talking myself out of my anxiety/fear of the anesthesia not working etc. with afformations (if you haven't heard of them, they are a way for you to trick your mind into thinking positively. The things I'd repeat to myself were things like "why is it so easy for me to relax?" or "why is it so easy for  me to let go of my anxiety" etc.).

Saturday and Sunday was General Conference, most of which I spent on pain meds.

Over the weekend my mom, sister and I had a really good conversation about feminism. It was cool to hear my younger sister (whom I keep forgetting is 18) have opinions and hear her thoughts on the subject. We talked about the need for everyone to treat each other as equals in all settings and how every one should be chivalrous to each other.

Today I went to the Washington State History Museum for my history class. After which I found this cute little bakery just around the corner and I'm in love. They have gluten and dairy free options, so I'm basically in love.

Things to look forward to:
My Brother and his Wife are coming to town with their BFF's for spring break!
My male best friend is also coming up for spring break!
So basically next week is going to be a party.


Also, just for funsies, isn't this cat print by La Papelerie the most adorable?


x



Comments

Popular Posts